Advanced search
Visit
2526
Last Updated: 2010/09/09
Summary of question
If I have a sexual relationship with someone else, what is its ruling?
question
It has been six years since I have gotten married, if I have a sexual relationship with another person, what will happen? I feel that I’m not completely satisfied with my own wife.
Concise answer

Salam Aleikum

You need to pay attention to the following points:

a) If one wife fulfills your sexual needs, it is better to remain faithful to that one person, as you put it. However, in the case of necessity, what you said will not create a problem in re-marrying.

b) Having sexual relations with others must be Islamically legitimate (through temporary or permanent marriage), and one should be careful not to fall into the trap of sin.

One thing you must keep in mind is that you should strive to be committed to your promises and vows in your marital life so that the family doesn’t fall apart. You should try and do everything necessary and set the grounds to take the utmost pleasure in your own wife, because if you fail to do so, you may end up with the same problem in your second marriage as well.

For further information, you can take a look at the following links of this same website:

1- Temporary Marriage of a Married Man without His Wife’s Permission, Question 7686 (website: 7761).

2- The Ruling on Unchastity (i.e. Adultery), Question 2569 (website: 2723).

3- The Reason for Marriage in Islam, Question 1300 (website: 1283).

4- Sexual Relationships before Marriage, Question 2373 (website: 2516).

5- The Conditions for Re-Marriage and Polygamy, Question 3103 (website: 3368).

6- Women Opposing Temporary Marriage, Question 9777 (website: 9781).

Detailed Answer
This question does not have a detailed answer.
Question translations in other languages
Comments
Please enter the value
Example : Yourname@YourDomane.ext
Please enter the value
Please enter the value

Thematic Category

Random questions

Popular

• Why are shrimps halal and crabs haram? What makes one of them halal and the other halal despite the fact that both of them are from the same category?
    67393 Philosophy of Religion and Law 2012/03/18
    Although all Islamic laws are a result of the benefits or disadvantages and harms that back them, and there is a particular reason behind each and every one of them, discovering the exact reason in detail for every one of them is extremely difficult. The most we ...
  • What is the definition of "Muslim" according to the Quran?
    61334 Exegesis 2010/04/06
    According to the Quran a Muslim is one who has absolutely surrendered to Allah and his commands and believes in pure Tawhid (the oneness of God) that isn't tainted with any Shirk and this is why the Almighty has introduced Prophet Abraham as a true ...
  • Why hasn’t Imam Ali (a.s.) been mentioned in the Holy Quran?
    59784 Exegesis 2008/05/11
    One should be aware that although the imam’s names, )especially Imam Ali’s(, haven’t been mentioned in the Quran, nevertheless, their names, )especially Imam Ali’s(, can be found in the Prophet’s sayings. One very good example is the hadith of Ghadir which is considered the official announcement of the appointment of ...
  • Is lobster, clam, oyster and octopus halal?
    58033 Laws and Jurisprudence 2012/02/18
    Eating lobster, clam, oyster and octopus is haram. According to religious resources regarding halal and haram meat, there are general rulings and numerous standards; for instance, a set of rulings has been given for land animals, sea creatures, birds and so on.The condition for halal meat sea ...
  • What is meant by Sidratul-Muntaha that the Quran has mentioned?
    46101 Exegesis 2010/04/07
    This question doesn’t have a brief answer. Please click on the detailed answer. ...
  • How do you prove that Imam Ali (as) was imam and khalifa after the Prophet (pbuh)?
    36533 Traditional 2008/07/21
    There is no doubt that in order for Islam to survive, it needs a keeper and guardian and individuals to deliver and express the teachings and guidelines of religion for the people, and carry them out. Since one of the reasons of creation is the ...
  • Why do we the Shia pray at three times while the Quran tells us to pray at five times?
    32205 Laws and Jurisprudence 2010/08/14
    The reason the Shia perform their prayers in three times is the Quranic verses and traditions on the matter. Although the Quran has mentioned that prayer is wajib several times and hasn’t gone into the details, it has spoken of its times: “Maintain the prayer from the sun's ...
  • Which animals and insects have been named in the Quran?
    30617 Exegesis 2009/12/16
    Approximately 35 animals have been named in the Quran; the birds and insects of which are:Salwa (سلوی)=The quail (Baqarah:57), Ba’uth (بعوض)=Mosquito (Baqarah:26), Dhubab (ذباب)=Fly (Hajj:73), Nahl (نحل)=Honeybee (Nahl:68), Ankabut (عنکبوت)=Spider (Ankabut:41), Jarad (جراد)=Grasshopper (A’raf:133), HudHud (هدهد)=Hoopoe (Naml:20), Ghurab (غراب)=Crow (Ma’idah:31), Ababil (ابابیل)= probably ‘Swallow’ (Fil:3), Naml (نمل)=Ant ...
  • What are the rewards and benefits of wearing rings with valuable stones on them?
    30195 Laws and Jurisprudence 2008/08/20
    Wearing a ring of aghigh, firoozah, yaqut and…is permissible for men and according to hadiths, wearing them has thawab and rewards, and wearing them in prayer causes one’s prayers to be of higher virtue and of more rewards, given that the ring isn’t made of gold (for men ...
  • What is the Maqam Ibrahim? What is its purpose?
    28650 Traditional 2010/02/14
    One of the clear signs in Makkah (as a verse in the Quran tells us) is the Maqam Ibrahim where Prophet Ibrahim stood.Regarding the meaning and interpretation of “Maqam Ibrahim”, some believe that it is equal to all of Hajj. Others ...

Links